In Outreach and Community Development:
William Temple House West
Bede's of Sweat - American Cancer Society
Quilt and Prayer Shawl Ministry
Prayer Chain Member
Pastoral Care Committee
We strive to know Christ more deeply and bring others to his redeeming love and grace.
Christmas Eve Celebration
Pascal Easter Feast
Passion Week Observances
Bede's at the Beach Campout
Mass on the Grass
Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper
Women's Retreats and Christmas Tea
Men's Retreat and Pentecost Breakfast
Lenten Study Group
Blessing of the Animals
Bede's of Sweat Relay for Life
Monthly Pilgrim's Walk
8:30am Morning Prayer in the Chapel
9:00am Adult Formation
10:00am Holy Eucharist
Child care provided for Nursery age children
Children's Sunday School
2:30pm Bible Study in the Library
10:00am Holy Eucharist /Morning Prayer in the Chapel
1pm-5pm Lending Library open
5:00pm Evening Prayer in the Chapel
5:30pm Fellowship at Old Town Vault
ST. BEDE EPISCOPAL CHURCH
1609 Elm St. Forest Grove, OR
Bishop Advisory Committee
Diocesan Convention Delegate
Sunday School Instructor
Adult Education Coordinator
Clerk for the BAC
Small Group Leader
In June 2007, we held a large St. Bede's Day celebration. We had much to be thankful for – we paid off our mortgage, and it was nearly 50 years since the first Episcopal service was held in our community.
In 1959, Fr. Wallace Bradley of All Saints Church in Hillsboro received a phone call from a group of Forest Grove residents who were seeking help in organizing a mission. In early November of 1959, a parochial mission was organized. St. Patrick was the original name selected by the group. However, when informed of the name, Bishop Carmen vetoed the idea. Shortly after, Dr. Russell Roberts, recognizing the location in a college town, suggested that the mission be named in honor of the great 8th century scholar, the Venerable Bede.
On the first Sunday in Advent, November 27, 1959, the first service was held in Price Chapel on the Pacific University campus. Twenty-two people attended.
We came to our present location in 1981 with a move from a small chapel mid block on Cedar between 17th and 18th.